Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week of May 13-May 19

The week in review:

Sunday May 13- MOTHER'S DAY


    My first Mother's Day was great.  Carl's parents came up for the weekend.  We went to brunch Sunday morning and Porter slept through brunch which was a great gift.  Usually as soon as I get a plate of food he knows it and starts crying.  Having a baby has taught me how to do a lot of things one handed- eating, cooking, laundry etc.  Thank you to Carl for always cutting my meat for me. 
     








      Of course Porter had two Mother's Day outfits.  Thank you Grandma for the Happy 1st Mothers Day outfit.

                                                             Mother's Day can be a hard day for me.  i miss my Mom everyday but a little more on days like Mother's Day.  Porter was definitely a nice distraction this year.  I feel so lucky to get to be a mom-Porter's mom.  I am so thankful that I had such an amazing mom who was a great role model on many things but especially parenting.  I will try to parent with humor as she did.




The three generations of Crowder men watching sports (of course!) together on Mother's Day!

Monday May 14                                                                                                                   
    Porter had his two month check up on Monday and SHOTS!  It went better than last time.  I didn't cry this time but it was still hard for me to watch.  He did great and only cried a little.  Porter wasn't real happy the rest of the day as seen here.


Tuesday May 15                                                                                                                
Halen came up Monday night to stay with us before he left on Tuesday for Nicaragua.  Porter and I spent the day with Halen running errands.  It was a day of first for Porter- first trip to Walmart and first trip to the airport.  Porter and I took Halen and some of his friends to DFW airport.  Halen is in Nicaragua for two weeks surfing.  

Please notice that Porter is wearing his B is Bob (Marley) onesie Uncle Halen gave him.

Wednesday May 16                                                                                                         
We didn't do much on Wednesday.  We had house guests since Saturday so Porter and I needed a day of hanging around the house.

Thursday May 17
      Porter and I walked over to my school to turn in paperwork and introduce Porter to some of my co workers.  He was a hit!  He smiled, cooed, and laughed at all the ladies.  He's already quite a flirt!  He was pooped when we got home. 


Friday May 18                                                                                                                       
        Friday was the start to a busy weekend.  Two of my former cheerleaders, Meredith and Julie, came over to meet Porter.  The college girls love Porter!  It was great to visit with the girls.  I am very proud of them and love it that they come back to visit.


        Friday evening we went to the Richardson Wildflower Festival.  This was our first big family outing.  It was our first venture out with all of the baby gear- we learned that we don't need so much stuff and considerably downsized the gear for the next night.  .  As Carl loaded the stroller he commented that we really are parents now.  Porter did great.  It was a beautiful night.  Porter loved watching the trees blowing in the breeze.  His first concert was a 70's cover band, La Freak.  He seemed to enjoy it.  We are expecting him to have a love of disco now.  We didn't quite make it late enough to see Nelly.


Saturday May 19                                                                                                                 
     Porter and I started the day by going to his first birthday party for  my friend Sarah's sweet little boy Henry's third birthday.  It was a super cute golf themed party.  I took note of all of the cute golf related toys- I know that Porter has golf in his future.  Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Porter at the party.  I held him most of the time.  It was great to see Sarah's family, the Georges, and introduce Porter to them.                                                   
Saturday evening we went back to Wildflower.  We had a fun evening of walking around, visiting with friends,  and eating festival type food- corn dog for me & turkey leg for Carl.                                                                                                                                 

Carl and Porter at Wildflower


(for those who might wonder why I don't post most frequently on the blog- this post took me almost 3 hours to do while taking care of a baby- hopefully I will get faster at posting)                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment