Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week of April 29-May 5


Every week I have said (to myself) that I want to do a post with a picture a day from the week and a brief summary of what we did this week since the weeks seem to be flying by.  I am finally doing it.  This first one is a little rough as I am new to blogging but hopefully next week I will have a better format. 

The week of April 29-May 5
Sunday- we met our friends the Petkoffs and Gollners for an early dinner to celebrate Aria's birthday.  These are my college friends and let me tell you that ten years ago I would have never imagined all of us meeting up years later for lunch/dinner at 3pm with two infants and a toddler!  We are so wild and crazy!

When we got home we attempted our first all family walk (picture top left).  Let's just say it was a cluster!!!  Porter wouldn't ride in the stroller without crying.  Brewster (the brown dog) was acting really weird and ended up riding in the stroller  At one point, while Carl had both dogs, I looked up ad Carl was doubled over in pain becuase somehow he got hit really hard with one of the retractable dog leashes. I am sure we are making a great impression on the neighborhood!  After everyone had time to emotionally and physically heal from the trauma of the first walk we went again later this week and it was much better.

Monday (napping picture) and Tuesday (smirking picture)- nothing too exciting just days at home working on getting onto more of a schedule.  On Tuesday Porter was 7 weeks old. 

Wednesday (sitting in bumbo)- we discovered that Porter can sit in his Bumbo chair.  This was very exciting for me because he can sit in the bumbo while I do stuff in the kitchen.  Turns out I can unload the dishwasher much faster while not holding a baby!

Thursday(sitting in jumper pic)- we went on a big adventure to Hobby Lobby.  Morning shopping at Hobby Lobby is great.  There are very few people there and the church music they play is quite soothing for a sleeping baby.  Thursday night Carl and I put together the jumperoo (not quite sure of the official name) and Porter tried it out.  He likes it!  I can't believe he is big enough to start using his toys.  This is the first toy item, with many more to come, taking over the family room.  The dogs love it when Porter is in the jumperoo- very easy toe licking access. 

Friday (sleeping in carrier)- another day of adventures.  I consider leaving the house with Porter an adventure at this point because I never know how it's going to go.  Things can get real ugly real quick.  We went to Lowe's first (they have great carts for baby carriers!!!) and then to Central Market.  Last Friday we went to Central Market and I ended up having to carry him while pushing the cart.  I didn't want to be "that mom" with the screaming baby at the grocery store- I will save that fun for later.  I have a long future ahead of me of being "that mom".  I LOVE Central Market but it is a very difficult place to try to manuever through while holding a baby and pushing a cart with one hand.  Friday seems to be a big day of samples which means the people walking in front of you stop at any moment with no warning.  Good times.  This week went very smoothly.  He slept the whole time!!!  While waiting at the butchers, a parade went by-literally a parade with bells, whistles, horns, and signs- celebrating the employees of the month and he slept through it.

Saturday (soccer onesie pic)-Porter wore his soccer onesie to watch soccer with his Dad.  We spent a nice day at home with Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo and looking at the super moon before bed.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment