Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Original Porter

We named Porter after my mom's dad- Odis Porter LIttle.  He went by Port.  It's a little bittersweet for me to call him Port because it makes me miss my mom and Yampa (that was his grandpa name- as a baby I couldn't say grandpa so he ended up with Yampa) but at the same time so happy that he is named after someone I loved a lot and to know that it would have meant so much to my mom that we named him after her dad that she loved so much.  Carl sometimes calls him Port which is really cute and sweet. 

The original Port was known for wearing jumpsuits all the time.  In the winter he would jazz them up with turtlenecks underneath.  Snazzy dresser I know.  It was only fitting that Baby Porter also wear a jumpsuit.  It's a more modern/preppy take on the jumpsuit.  We thought we would hold off on the turtlenecks for a while.....

I should have taken the bib off but that would have probably woken him up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment