Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Porter's First Month

To My Sweet Porter,

Friday April 13th was your one month birthday!!!  I can not believe the first month has come and gone and we all survived!!!! 

Looking back on the first month a lot of it is a blur.  You had tons of visitors!  You are very popular.  Both of your uncles came up to visit you your first weekend home.
Porter and Uncle Halen

I don't have a picture of you with Uncle Brad because he has a new policy of not holding a baby until they are a year old.  I feel pretty confident that your cuteness will break him down way before you turn one.                                                                           

Also this first month your Daddy turned 40!!!!!!



I wish I would have thought of this ahead of time and had a onesie or something made for the occasion.  I think your Dad felt the same way about turning 40 that you felt about this picture.           

You are super cuddly and I love spending my days with you sleeping on my chest.  You make the cutest cooing noises while you are sleeping.  I need to record it before it's too late.  You have started smiling the last few days.  I know this is cliche but it literally melts my heart!  You smile in the mornings a lot, when no one else is here, of course.  If I get a camera out you immediately stop smiling.  We need to work on this.  There are a lot of people who want to see your smile!

Your appetite can definitely be described as hearty!  You get the hiccups about once a day almost everyday.  You had the hiccups a lot when I was pregnant with you so your doctor said it's normal that you are still getting them.  I hope they stop soon because I know it's no fun for you to have them.  Every night around 9:30ish it gets ugly at our house.  You change from your super sweet self to a super cranky baby!  It's pretty ugly for a couple of hours.  Hopefully this ends soon!!!!!!  You are a champ at tummy time.  You "workout" on your activity mat every morning.  I spend most of this time keeping the dogs away from you.  They see this as their opportunity to make out with you and clean your ears.  You have great head and neck strength.  You and I have a lot of conversations during the day.  I talk and you make noises.  It's kind of like a lot of conversations I have had with high school kids.  I treasure this time I get to stay home with you!

Warning-here's the cheesey sappy part: I can't put into words how much I love you and how happy I am you are here!  Some days I can't believe you are here!  We wanted you for so long and now you are finally here!!!!  I know there have been some rough spots this month but they were all worth it. I am so excited for all of the months and years to come!  I can't wait to see the little boy you are going to become.  I am so excited to finally be a mom and beyond happy to be your mom.  

Here are the stats from your one month appointment:
weight:10 pounds10 ounces (75th percentile)
height: 21.5 inches (50th percentile)                           

Happy First Month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment