Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Porter's Birth

Monday March 12th was a normal day- or so I thought.  It was the first day of spring break and I thought I had three days to get a lot done in our new house before we went in Wednesday night to start the induction.  Long story short, my blood pressure was too high and my doctor told me I had to go to the hospital for observation and to possibly start the induction process that night.  Carl met me at the hospital and we called our parents to let them know the party was getting started- Porter would be here sooner rather than later.

I feel very fortunate to say that labor was quick and easy.  Porter arrived Tuesday March 13 at 5:11pm weighing in at 7 pounds 15 ounces, 19 inches and absolute perfection.




Immediately after Porter was born they took his foot prints and put them on Carl's shirt as a keepsake.                                                                                                                

Carl's parents, Pat and Ken, (aka Grandma and Grandpa) and my dad,Rodney (aka Pappy)  were there for the arrival of the first grandbaby.  Needless to say, Porter is quite popular with these three! 

Grandma and Porter


Grandpa and Porter
  

Pappy and Porter


We came home from the hospital on Thursday March 15. Grandma, Grandpa and our dogs were waiting for us.




This is a picture of us introducing Porter to our two dachshundsWe were a little nervous at first about how they would act around a baby but they have been great!!  Chatty, the black one, was a little indifferent at first but now she likes him.  Brewster, the brown one, is crazy about Porter!!!  We have nicknamed him the Danny- dog nanny.  He checks on Porter all the time.  He comes and gets me if Porter is crying and is quite protective when people other than Carl and I are holding him.  I think they will be best friends!

Two Best Friends Talking


No comments:

Post a Comment